During a conference call the other day the leader on the call asked all of the participants to tell the group what one word best described what we were feeling at that moment. The words shared by the group varied greatly, and covered a wide range of emotions. When it came time to share my word, I exclaimed that I was fascinated. That’s right, I felt fascinated then, and I still do now. Below are just a few of the things that simply fascinate me. How about you?
- How a clothes dryer can truly make things disappear
- That there are only 26 letters in the English alphabet yet look at our complex language (Thanks to Indrani for sharing this one!)
- That flowers can bloom in concrete
- How very different we are from one another yet how alike we are to one another
- How delicious a puppy’s breath smells
- How often we expect ourselves to be perfect
- How ocean waves can be both calming and terrifying
- How many country songs contain the words “my truck”
- How vivid the red is on the head of a red-headed woodpecker
- How much different our lives can be if we’ll get to know ourselves
- How much different it feels to swim naked versus with a suit on
- The power of silence
- The deep desire we all share for the same thing no matter how differently we show it…that thing called LOVE
I love the feeling of being fascinated and I want to continue to be fascinated by things in life, both big and small. Please share a few things that fascinate you. Together, we’ll create a fascinating list!
We are creating our lives…one decision at a time.
I welcome your comments and invite you to share this post with others. And if you really want to stay in touch, subscribe to best I have in the upper right corner. I am glad you are here.